Monday, December 31, 2007I am not making any resolutions this year. It is not that I am perfect but I find it pointless to make resolutions and then being not resolute enough to stick to them. So instead of resolutions, I made a Wish List:
I wish that in 2008
1. Malaysians are less selfish and think about the impact of their actions on others (Insert your own examples here)
2. Political parties are more democratic and let members voice their opinions without being penalised in any way.
3. Members of political party seek the truth relentlessly and not swallow hook, line and sinker what the leaders say.
4. Political party members having plenty of integrity and the courage to show it.
5. Political party members never forget that Allah grant them the bounty (rezeki) and not well-placed party leaders.
6. Announcers/DJ on TV and Radio read more to improve their General Knowledge and also to bother getting the correct pronunciations for names and places.
7. Wakil Rakyats ask the rakyat they represent before making speeches in Parliament and/ or voting on Bills.
8. The rakyat write, email, phone or talk to their Tok Wakil about things they are not happy (or even happy) with.
9. The Tok Wakil be around for 8 to happen.
10. Editors place journalistic principles over personal material needs.
11. Girls with spindly legs not wear hot pants in public places.
12. Men with hairy cheeks not wear hip-huggers with short shirts in public eating places.
Happy New Year!
Labels: 2008 Wish List.