<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Di Bawoh Rang Ikang Kering
Random Ramblings of A Retired Retainer

QUIZ FOR TERENGGANUNESE

Friday, October 22, 2004

How much do you know about Terengganu? Let us find out. I have prepared a quiz for you just to know how much you know about Terengganu (if you are not from Terengganu) and if you are a True Blue Terengganunese (born and/or bred in Terengganu). No prizes offered though. No songket towkays were contacted for sponsorship.

All questions are about places in all the 6 districts in Terengganu.

The Quiz:

  1. This place really had plenty of road accidents living up to its name.
  2. This place was probably named after a religious dish.
  3. Once, A Bridge Under Water was in this town.
  4. This town would never be tax-free.
  5. The village where an airport grew.
  6. Both these seaside villages have the same name. One is in the north, one in the south.
  7. Another 2 places with the same name. One is in Setiu, the other in Hulu Terengganu. Each has a river nearby.
  8. This "field" houses a palace, a premier school and a golf course. All very stately.
  9. The sweetest island in Terengganu.
  10. It ain't heavy, it is an island my brother.

Please try hard before peeking at the answers below. Highlight the answers only as the last resort.

1. Tepoh (on the way to KB, non-coastal road)
2. Sura
3. Jerteh
4. Cukai, Kemamang
5. Telaga Batin
6. Penarik
7. Kampung Buloh
8. Padang
Negara
9. Pulau Manis
10.Pulau Sekati

Your Score:

10-6: You know Terengganu well. Probably born and grew up there.

5- 3: You haven't visited Terengganu for a while but your heart is in the right place. Try to get a monthly dose of nasi dagang, bronok or belebat ubi to help jog your memory.

2-0: You are either Buaya69, Hyelbaine, Daisyboo, Kervin or the other non-Terengganu regular visitor of this blog. There is hope for you yet. Hope you had fun anyway.
By the way, I could not access Petaling Street webpage these past few days. Anybody else had the same experience?

| 12:03 AM :: ::
20 CommentsOldStyle:
  • I got 4, not bad eh :)
    So, I'm in the middle group, mmm...

    By Blogger Atok, at 4:29 AM  
  • Hehehe... Pok Ku, you know so well is seems. I got a paltry '1' and that was for the very obvious Pulau Manis question! So shameful for someone who calls herself Malaysian! And yes, it was fun... :). Thanks.

    By Blogger DaisyBoo Blacksheep, at 4:30 AM  
  • No iii.
    The house next to the old low ghertok is of my sedara.

    By Blogger Atok, at 4:32 AM  
  • Pokku:

    I failed too (We are in the same boat, Honeytar). I only got no. 9 right. 'Tok Pulau Manis', the famous saint who was the author of 'Kitab Hikam'. Maybe you could share with the readers any story about his 'karamah'. A few years back, I learned from the newspaper that 'Sekolah Menengah Sheikh Abdul Malik', named after 'Tok Pulau Manis' is among the best schools of SPM results in Terengganu. Previously, I always thought Pulau Manis is a real island until I went there sometime in 2000.

    Selamat Berbuka.

    p.s: I bet Beta-blogger will score big this time. BB, did u get 10/10 this time?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:47 AM  
  • Pokku:

    It's me again. I always remember that among Kelantanese, Sungai Tong is the most notorious place in Terengganu for road accidents (Never heard abt Tepoh before). Lots of horror story too that I heard which make me so scared when passing through that area during my KB-KT trip 'bergendung' on 'kapcai' with my friend in early 90s.

    Rgds,
    SangKelate.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:59 AM  
  • Pok Ku, my score is only 3! Not surprising though, since I spent only 12 years of my life in Tenganu, and the next 23 years outside Tenganu (heh..heh...excuse, excuse). Please put up another quiz a year from now, when I'm back in Tenganu for good, in six months time. I'll surely score 10, after a daily dose (not monthly!) of nasik dagang, bronok or belebat ubi (gemok la ambe kekgi...)!

    -PasirPanjang-

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:49 AM  
  • Honeytar was the first to comment but her comment went missing. Hmmm...Herang, Herang.

    By Blogger Bustaman, at 6:09 AM  
  • heh heh... maybe bcos of that "Nigerian/Zimbabwe scam" virus attack.

    By Blogger Honeytar, at 6:22 AM  
  • I scored only 1 for Chukai. I'd been to Terengganu only 4 times so far. And the first time was in the year 2000.

    By Blogger Yume, at 9:37 AM  
  • Only managed to get one answer right, Cukai. Probably because I used to go there a lot. I was a Cherating beach boy back then.

    By Blogger BJ, at 9:47 AM  
  • Tiap-tiap tahung waktu raya makang nasi dagang Ganu. Tok panda-panda jugak kecek Ganu.

    Betul ker bunyinya Pok Ku?

    By Blogger Aku Tak Reti, at 10:25 AM  
  • Ayo caught me, yeah I've very little knowledge about Terengganu and thus my score would most certainly reach 0. The nearest I've been deep inside Terengganu was the town of Chukai and a stop over at the state capital before heading for Pulau Redang. But facinating place, walked a while near the Istana and the markets, wished I had more time to explore. A sight I wanted to see for a while was the boat makers in Terengganu. I'll most certainly put a must do priority to visit Terengganu when the opportunity presents itself. :)

    By Blogger Kervin, at 11:07 AM  
  • I hang my head in shame. I only managed four right : Tepoh (only because you would tell the joke everytime we take the Maras short-cut) Sura, Telaga Batin and Chukai.

    I know the Padang you meant : Istana Badariah, Golf Course and SS all in one place, but I can't remember the name.

    And for the sweetest island, I answered Pulau Kerengga.

    Do I get four and a half?

    By Blogger mokciknab, at 12:51 PM  
  • Got 9 right..but I cheated...I asked my mom. She is born and bred in Terengganu. Hidup Terengganu kite!

    Something wrong with PPS. I cant access it from home but I can from the office.

    By Blogger ビビ, at 2:29 PM  
  • wah! Pok Ku can Nujum Pak Belalang! hahaha... yup, i only got Chukai right. ;)

    By Blogger Buaya69, at 4:28 PM  
  • Aisehh, really "kantoi" this time. I only got the first question right :P kekeeke. Great post Pok Ku, had me asking everyone in office for the answers i couldn't get ;)

    Cheers!!! :D

    By Blogger hyelbaine, at 5:18 PM  
  • Aisehh, really "kantoi" this time. I only got the first question right :P kekeeke. Great post Pok Ku, had me asking everyone in office for the answers i couldn't get ;)

    Cheers!!! :D

    By Blogger hyelbaine, at 5:18 PM  
  • i am ashamed to tell you that i failed miserably! this is worse than my chemistry SPM results! *hangs head down in shame*

    but i like nasi dagang tho, that eleviate it abit kan? tehehehe

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:11 PM  
  • I hang my head in shame: I only got 8; floundered on those questions abt places with identical names. My Mum used to tell me that Chukai was named after the buaya that used to take its 'chukai' from the local populace from time to time. Thanks Pak Ku for such an amusing quiz, but does anyone know what Tol (as in Atas Tol)is?
    PS Only time I nearly passed the Maths test at that 'Premier School' on the Padang was when the teacher put in a fill-in-the-blanks question about Pythagoras' Theorem.
    PPS My cousin used to run a grocery shop on the bend in Jalan Sungai Tong.

    By Blogger beta-blogger, at 12:09 AM  
  • When does all this jennifer aniston sedu hairstyles start to settle down? Has anyone noticed a seasonal pattern in the way it presents?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:54 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

© Bustaman :: permalink