<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Di Bawoh Rang Ikang Kering
Random Ramblings of A Retired Retainer

BERSUNNAT POST SCRIPT

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

There was much more interest generated by my bersunnat posts than usual. Several shared their experience or in case of the ladies, their sibling's experience. Thank you all. I am glad to know I have more than 6 readers even though one of my daughters is overseas and one is holidaying in Terengganu.

I have to apologize to Daisyboo for making her fiancee apprehensive and thought twice about circumcision. Trust me, it is better for a Muslim to be circumcised and it is not as bad as what I wrote. And I wrote about what happened a long time ago. Even non-Muslims got their cut. And there is this persistent rumour that if you can find the parted skin, soak it in certain oil, it will make a good minyak senyonyong (love potion). People who lost it, like me, had to make do with the usual garden-variety minyak urat.
So Tris, you lucky chap you, go to a doctor and get it done, mate. Don't be like the cheap dad in the following story:

Dad: Doc, how much to circumcise my son?

Doc: 50 ringgit.

Dad: Too much! (Left and visited another doctor)

Dad: Doc, how much to circumcise my son?

Doc2: 70 ringgit.

Dad: Too much! (Decided to do it himself)

Son: Too much dad!


Hey, stop groaning. That's the only circumcision joke I can remember. Old age has its privilege.


| 12:01 AM :: ::
6 CommentsOldStyle:
  • HAHAHA... Tris is hiding under a blanket in mortification now Pok Ku! He can't believe the state of his 'thing' is being discussed on the internet! *grin*

    By Blogger DaisyBoo Blacksheep, at 3:28 PM  
  • I vividly remember a few instances happened during my bersunat time, just exactly you wrote in your blog. One of them is the tempurung thingy..oh my god, it hurt like hell! and there I was slapping the tempurung on my knee like a mad man at 3 o clock in the morning!

    Farid
    http://jalan-sepi.blogspot.com

    By Blogger alang, at 3:28 PM  
  • Hahahahaha too much dad!!! hahaahaha that got me laughing like hell. good post pakcik.I always come here once in a while,so i guess you got another reader there other than your usual 6 readers. :)
    I wish I knew about the tempurung stuff, coz later that night, mine swelled extra size one!:P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:14 PM  
  • Hahahahaha too much dad!!! hahaahaha that got me laughing like hell. good post pakcik.I always come here once in a while,so i guess you got another reader there other than your usual 6 readers. :)
    I wish I knew about the tempurung stuff, coz later that night, mine swelled extra size one!:P -zakzak-

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:15 PM  
  • I don't remember much about my bersunat ceremony but I do remember being King for a week or so. Makan disuap, Gameboy dibeli, every yell for service layan-ed.

    My mum and granny must have been very happy when everything was back to normal.

    By Blogger AF, at 11:01 PM  
  • Before I gave birth to my son, I was thinking of having him curcimcised at birth, but the Daddy and the grandparents were concerned that the doctor might take "too much" so we didn't do it. Have to wait for at least another 4 years because he's only 3 now.

    By Blogger Yume, at 11:43 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

© Bustaman :: permalink