<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Di Bawoh Rang Ikang Kering
Random Ramblings of A Retired Retainer

DECISIONS, DECISIONS

Saturday, October 02, 2004

You (all the 6 of my readers) might have noticed that I write about mundane stuffs. Pedestrian stuffs. Sometimes I write about dead mundane stuffs and dead pedestrians. I am never deep. I am as tohor (shallow) as the Merang river mouth during months of droughts. I chose not to write about Darfur, depleting dolphins nor political peccadiloes because others already did, are doing or surely will. I rather write about less known subjects like my home state, the people in it or places that I have been to and things I saw. That's my choice.

Every day in life we make choices. Life is about choices and living with things (or people) you chose. Your choices will of course affect your life to some varying degrees. Some greatly, some not. Choosing to put on a red dress while walking in a field full of bulls will expose parts of your body to serious injuries. Choosing to wear the same dress (if it is still intact) to go visiting on Chinese New Year might increase your chances of getting fatter ang pows and extra kuachis. That's no bull.

There are of course occasions when you do not have any choice or not allowed to make one. You are not allowed to choose your parents or other relatives no matter how hard you wished. As a child, you didn't have much choices either. Your parents made choices for you. It is when you grow up that your faced with a lot of choices. But how do you make the right choices?

Think back to your UPSR or PMR exams. How did you know which holes to black in? I know you knew of some people who used the eeny meeny miny moo method. That's their choice. They had great faith in luck and coincidences. If they were lucky, their answers would coincide with the right ones. But most of you, I believe, made your choice out of the multiple choices based on knowledge and understanding. You understood the question and you know the answer. Some questions, I know, were tricky and you were faced with more than one choice. But you didn't resort to the eeny meeny miny moo method. You thought hard and brought all your experiences to bear. Then you made your choice and prayed that it was the right one. Right?

Life is very much like that. You made your choice based on knowledge and experiences. Or, you made choices based on assumptions, presumptions, compunctions and sometimes sheer gumptions. Usually, these are the wrong choices - the ones you have to live with, miserably.

That's how, ladies and gentlemen (all the 6 of you), I ended up with these terrible sushi. I should have chosen the California rolls. Like my friend Razak used to lament, "It was a regret dish!"

(If you are interested to know more about decision making, this might help.)

| 12:19 AM :: ::
8 CommentsOldStyle:
  • the light fodder you fork out are udder delight.
    very easy on the brains. ;)

    By Blogger elisataufik, at 12:44 AM  
  • Pok Ku... if I wanted to know about Darfur, depleting dolphins and all that, I would simply read the news, which I do. Instead, I rely on you to dispense wisdom of a different kind... the type that comes only with experience and a healthy dose of humour and acceptance. So thank you...

    By Blogger DaisyBoo Blacksheep, at 8:25 AM  
  • It is an honour to be among the select few, actually. I am in the list, I hope.

    By Blogger Kri, at 4:42 AM  
  • Reading and commenting on your Blog's is one of my "decisions" that i make. I know when I read it I will either smile, laugh or think. Sometimes all 3 together at the same time. Your so-called mundane stories, as you called it, are all wonderful. Thank you for sharing. -Jackie-

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:16 PM  
  • Pokku, I agree with Daisy Boo. we can read about the deep issues somewhere else. We want to read about your experience.

    By Blogger Yume, at 12:42 PM  
  • Pok Ku, you are deep in your own experience and I like to read them !!

    heh hehhh...so all these started fr those terrible sushis ehh? ;-)

    By Blogger Honeytar, at 12:42 AM  
  • Am I included in those 6 gentlemen, pakcik?

    By Blogger alang, at 8:09 PM  
  • Orang Kita :All ladies and gentlemen included but I can count only up to 6. Got athritics fingers and can't bend down to count my toes.

    By Blogger Bustaman, at 12:36 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

© Bustaman :: permalink