<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Di Bawoh Rang Ikang Kering
Random Ramblings of A Retired Retainer

CONSTIPATED BANK

Tuesday, September 28, 2004
Today, while getting "safe" food (non-spicy and non-agitating) , I decided to try registering for Internet banking from one of my banks. I am not that rich to merit so many bank accounts but I get moved around so much that I collected a few bank accounts from different banks.
I am all thumbs today and still under the influence of Limotils, charcoal pills and black tea, so registering with the ATM didn't work. I decided to ask Customer Service.
I know that this particular bank is the slowest among many. Even cashing a cheque will make the paper yellow by the time you get your turn. Customer Service is no different. I suspect that this particular bank assigned the slowest people to man the Customer Service Desk. You know the type - Anjang Aki, constipated and "I have all the time in the world and you should too" kind of person.
I left after 30 minutes and tried my luck at the ATM machine again. Success this time. But when I registered online, I was told to contact the Customer Service Hotline.
After endless commercials, a live person spoke to me, asked for my particulars all over again and then put me on hold. Another round of commercials.
Finally, I was told that since my account was opened using my old identity card number and my Bank Card was issued using my new identity Card number, they could not process my registration right away. I have to register again in 2 days.
I was going to tell them that I used my old identity card number because that was the only number I had then. The new ic was not yet in existence. The fact that I am a very old customer is lost on these guys.
Anyway, what kind of computer programming couldn't match new ic numbers and old ic numbers to the person? Lots of other establishments found this not a problem at all.
With this kind of banking service, it wasn't surprising that my mom prefered to keep her money under her mattress.

| 2:22 PM :: ::
4 CommentsOldStyle:
  • Pak Ku,
    Kadang2 saya mengeluh-Nak ambik pitih kita pun demo buat payah.Kalu nok pinjam lagi la!

    That is banking service in Malaysia.

    By Blogger Adib Noh, at 4:50 PM  
  • A very trusting client fr Terengganu deposited RM50K CASH into my account one fine morning. Almost immediately, I transfer the cash into a Unit Trusts company. The bank then made me wait for 30 mins in order to "clear" the transaction. In the process, they called the T'ganu branch to "confirm" that it is actually (technically) MY money. Not only they made me wait that long, I also have to pay RM5 for THEIR phone call. It's only little money but that's what I call a daylight robbery.

    I was in a hurry (catching a dateline) to even say anything.

    By Blogger Honeytar, at 10:06 PM  
  • well.. BSN is still using the Chop thingy.
    They're the only bank that goes bang-bang.. ;)

    By Blogger elisataufik, at 9:54 AM  
  • Dear Sir,

    I have every reason to believe that the Bank you're referring to is the Bank I'm working for, currently.

    I am a 24 year old girl who has her dreams and has her own set of A.S.K (I had a fit of laughter when you said it's not Amanah Saham Kemamang - my gramma lives there now!). I believe I can make it but not with this Bank. I have to move on elsewhere to develop.

    Not giving up, merely looking for the best place to gain experience as I know there will be no utopian workplace where everything is perfect and as I want it to be.

    By Blogger ビビ, at 3:01 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

© Bustaman :: permalink