<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Di Bawoh Rang Ikang Kering
Random Ramblings of A Retired Retainer

MAIL FROM ZIMBABWE

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Today (Wednesday) I broke fast at Angkasapuri, on the invitation of the Information Ministry. It was nice to see old RTM friends again and nicer to know that some of them are promoted. Congratulations!

After Terawikh & Witir at Mesjid Muhammadi, Angkasapuri, we had moreh. Small triangular temosa, KL pulut panggang and soup with buns.

When I came home, checked my mail, I got this which I will now paste in toto, warts and all:

Attn.

I am MR MOHAMMED SULE the elder son of ALHAJI USMAN SULE who was recently killed in a land reformed dispute in Zimbabwe .

I got your contact as i was searching for a reliable person to handle a very confidential business which involved the claiming and transferingof fund into a foreign account for my safe keeping and investment.

My father as you can see in the history of zimbabwe was among the few Zimbabwean opposition party rich farmers who were against President Robert Mugabes land reformed policies against the white farmers in Zimbabwe .

For his alleged support and symparthy for the Zimbabwean opposition party controlled by the white minority farmers . Before the assassination and brutal murder of my father , he was a successful farmer in support of his white coleagues .

He has taken to South Africa and deposited the sum of ($45m) forty five million dollars in a security company before he was murdered for the upbring of our family and onward investments.

This money was allocated for the purchase of new machinary and chemical product for agro allied farms and for establishment of new farms in Lesotho and Swaziland before my father used his position and divert the fund to South Africa for his own personal use as he got the fore sight of the looming danger.

Problem arose when Robert Mugabe introduced a new land act which affected the rich white farmers and over three thousand people has loose their life as a result of war veterans and even political opponents to the president even heads of Governments from West, especially Britain and United States has condemned Mugabes action on land reform act which he introduced just to tarnish his oppositions mainly whites in Zimbabwe.

Ever before my Father deposited this fund in the security Finance company in South Africa, he called me as his elderly and most lovely son and gave me the CERTIFICATE OF DEPOSIT and other documents which he used to deposit the fund with the company in South Africa.

But seen the current danger as the South Africa Government was in support to Mugabe , i applied for the despatch of the fund consignment to its affliated branch in Dubai United Arab Emirate .

The good news is that there is every arrangement to dispatch this consignment to Dubai U.A.E as it is a free country and none violent for our investment and it will be through Diplomatic delivery with the help of the diplomats .

This fund was deposited as a family treasures even the diplomats did not know the contents of the consignment.

I just write to solicit for your assistance to send me your postal address and your direct telephone numbers so that it will be use for the change of ownership to your name as my fathers beneficiary.

Be assured that every mordalities to insure the perfect release of this fund to you as my fathers beneficiary has been assured, what i only want from you is your genuine cooperation as i assure you of 100% risk free in this transaction.

For your assistance i will offer you 20% of the total money, while 75% will be for me and my family for our investment, and 5% will be for any otstanding expenses which we may incure in the process of this transaction.

On the approval of your assistance, i will arrive Dubai.
I want you to get back to me with the requested datas so that we will commence immediately.

Thanks as i wait for your urgent reply .

MOHAMMED SULE

I thought only Nigerians send out this kind of letter.

| 12:05 AM :: ::
11 CommentsOldStyle:
  • Oh no Pok Ku! Apparently, the whole African continent at some point or another have relatives who died and left them millions, of which they want to give you 20%! And recently, I think the 'trend' has spread to Middle Eastern sheikhs as well! ;) Hehehe...

    By Blogger DaisyBoo Blacksheep, at 4:49 AM  
  • Sounds like money laundering. Even IF the fund comes from legal source, once its transferred here, rest assured you'll receive a call from your Bank. Purely scam. -Chek Na-

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:21 AM  
  • There's another one claiming that you won a million bucks through a Lotto or something..on one hand it is extremely funny how obvious the scam was...but on the other hand, you would sometime read or hear of someone actually being duped.

    Someone close to me did came extremely close in being duped by the door-to-door salesmen, bearing the Scratch-n-win cards...luckily I got wind of it and put my foot down.

    p/s: KL pulut panggang eh? those burnt sticks wrapped in banana leaves and 'stapled' together innit? I discovered something else yesterday...one of my favourite kuih, the tepung pelita, underwent a rennaisance and exchanged the pandan leaves casing into a plastic box...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:03 AM  
  • Pokku, I guess they're learning from their Nigerian neighbours, it must've been profitable for them I suppose *snorts*.

    Leen @ xanga.com/ashburn :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:27 AM  
  • haiyah, these irritating email scams still circulating around ah? kacau saja. ;)

    By Blogger Buaya69, at 11:47 AM  
  • Kadang-kadang e-mail ni muncul dalam inbox.

    Ikut musim, macam musim hujan. Sekali datang lebat. Penuh inbox.

    By Blogger Aku Tak Reti, at 2:15 PM  
  • hahaha.. Pok Ku's has been hit with it too :P Welcome to the club Pok Ku. We are all indeed sad with the sudden mass death of government officials in Zimbabwe ;)

    Cheers!!! :D

    By Blogger hyelbaine, at 5:56 PM  
  • Though most of these emails came from Africans, I've received one from Brunei, on the fund belongs to the Sultan's younger brother. Some people just can't stop being creative for all sorts of wrong reasons.

    So very kelakarlah all these emails, tukar nama and negara...siappppp. Mungkin dah ada yang Msia punya kot, hahahaha.

    By Blogger Atok, at 12:06 AM  
  • I've received them from various countries and don't bother looking at them anymore. They went straight into deleted bin.

    By Blogger Yume, at 9:33 AM  
  • What I do is i email to guy a saying guy b can help and vice vesa. And of course I use a hotmail account e-mail. They are such nuisances.

    U use to work for RTM? Hopefully you are not annoyed by my Muar's blog entry. I do love RTM's documentaries.

    By Blogger Lollies, at 11:37 AM  
  • I would reply to these scammers asking them to send me 5% of the funds first just for the fun of it. None has ever got back to me so far.

    By Blogger Kri, at 7:10 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

© Bustaman :: permalink