<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Di Bawoh Rang Ikang Kering
Random Ramblings of A Retired Retainer

STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES

Monday, March 12, 2007
I was without Internet for more than 18 hours. All the houses in Kuala Terengganu that I landed in were without pc even. So when I got home the first thing I did was to surf the blogs. I choked on my sata when I read the quotes here, here and here. I am sure there are more blogs with posts on the subject.

I have 6 children. 5 of them are female and 4 of the females are bloggers. My only daughter-in-law also blogs. I just want the Honourable Minister to know that I did not raise my daughters as liars or enemies of the state. Their blogs, just like the blogs of the other women bloggers are online and open to scrutiny. Where are the lies and seditions in these blogs? Just because one Indonesian TV presenter commented about the hassles she went through covering the Floral Fest 2007 in her blog does not mean that all women bloggers are liars. That girl could have some valid points. A smart minister would have investigated her grouses and diplomatically settled it with her ( and her audience). Lashing out at innocent parties is not the way.

It is lucky that my daughters have some sense of humour in them. For them and for all the fine women bloggers that I read occasionally, I give you more stupid quotes. The difference is, these quotes are funny:

"FOR RENT: CONDOM... ONLY US$650."
- Ad in Jakarta Post, should have read Condo

"I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."
- Alicia Silverstone, Actress

"We are unable to announce the weather. We depend on weather reports from the airport, which is closed, due to weather. Whether we will be able to give you a weather report tomorrow will depend on the weather."
- Arab News report

"Most cars on our roads have only one occupant, usually the driver."
- Carol Malia, BBC Anchorwoman

"China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."
- Charles De Gaulle, former French President

"Rotarians, be patriotic! Learn to shoot yourself."
- Chicago Rotary Club journal, "Gyrator"

"There is no housing shortage in Lincoln today - just a rumour that is put about by people who have nowhere to live."
- G.L. Murfin, Mayor of Lincoln

"I have opinions of my own --strong opinions-- but I don't always agree with them."
- George Bush, former U.S. President

"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by candlelight."
- George Gobel

"A brain scan revealed Andrew Caddick is not suffering from a stress fracture of the shin."
- Jo Sheldon

"Traditionally, most of Australia's imports come from overseas."
- Former Australian cabinet minister Keppel Enderbery

"It is now 22 minutes past 8:30."
- Lynn Russell, WKAT radio disc jockey

"I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were ever supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever."
- Miss Alabama, in the 1994 Miss Universe contest, when asked if she would want to live forever.

"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."
- Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for a federal anti-smoking campaign.

"Politics gives guys so much power that they tend to behave badly around women. And I hope I never get into that."
- Bill Clinton, former U.S. president

Let us wonder how many people in the cabinet can appreciate the quotes.

Here is a slideshow (Power Point) sent by HOYA (Thanks Sevil) with visuals of stupid stuffs.

Labels: ,