<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Di Bawoh Rang Ikang Kering
Random Ramblings of A Retired Retainer

INGAT QUOTE KOT?

Thursday, August 17, 2006
The comments and emails received concerning my health choked me up. It was slightly different from being choked by constricting air passage. This old man thanks everyone for caring.

One of the emails was from Doreen L. Doreen wanted a quote from any of our leaders. Not just any quote mind you. Not "Apa nama..", " I am not aware" etc. but quotes about loving Malaysia, about patriotism. I cannot think of any. I am sure all our leaders spoke on patriotism at one time or another but for the life of me I cannot recall any quotable quote. I can remember JFK's "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country" but I cannot remember any homegrown equivalent.

As I explained to Doreen in my reply,the dearth of quotable quotes on patriotism is due to our leaders speaking off the cuff and mostly in plain, down-to earth language. I could be wrong and I would be happy to be proven wrong. Help Doreen. Qoute something patriotic attributed to any of our leaders - past or present.

Over to you folks!