<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Di Bawoh Rang Ikang Kering
Random Ramblings of A Retired Retainer

ANIMATED ABOUT ANIMATION

Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Like some other kids in Kuala Terengganu, I drew my first animation of a running stick man on a stub of bus tickets, courtesy of Terengganu Bus Company. Given the right circumstances, I would have been an animator somewhere, heh.

Some 60 years on, I still love animation and watches the feature-length animations in my collection. Today I rejoiced with other animation fans when the Pulitzer Prize for Editorial Cartooning went to Walt Handelsman. Mr Handelsman, apart from drawing regular, insightful and funny cartoons for Newsday also created these excellent flash movies. Please turn up your sound or you will miss the funny dialogues and songs.

This is a very good example of how people in the old media embraced the new media. See more of Mr. Handelsman's animations here.

I wonder when our own cartoonists will follow suit?

Labels: , ,