<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Di Bawoh Rang Ikang Kering
Random Ramblings of A Retired Retainer

MAIL SNAFUS

Monday, January 22, 2007
I would like to share my experience with you. Whether you will learn anything from it, it is up to you.

I have two accounts with TMNET. One is a dialup account and the other is a Streamyx account. I also have a JARING account but that's another account and another story.

Like the other early birds who signed up for Streamyx, I was given xxx@tm.net.my as my email address. Now they have xxx@streamyx. I am happy with my email address and I did nothing to change it.
I rarely use my dialup account. I cannot use it at home even if I wanted to since my system is wired for Streamyx. I maintain the account because of the email and for occasions when I am at places without broadband. My email program remembers my password so I do not have to.

Then a few days ago I received stuffs like this in my Inbox:
This is a warning message only.
Your message remains in the server queue,
the server will try to send it again.
You should not try to resend your message now.


Message delivery to 'vasia_2000@tm.odessa.ua' delayed
SMTP module(domain tm.odessa.ua) reports:
connection with relay1.tm.odessa.ua is broken




Reporting-MTA: dns; mailfe09.swip.net

Original-Recipient: rfc822;
Final-Recipient: rfc822;
Action: delayed
Status: 4.0.0



Received: from s83-189-185-61.cust.tele2.se ([83.189.185.61] verified)
by mailfe09.swip.net (CommuniGate Pro SMTP 5.0.12)
with SMTP id 217258265; Wed, 17 Jan 2007 19:07:39 +0100
Message-ID: <000b01c73a30$15cfce50$3db9bd53@s83-189-185-61.cust.tele2.se>
From: =?Windows-1251?Q?=C0=ED=E4=F0=E5=E9_=D2=E0=F0=E0=F1=EE=E2=E8=F7_=C2=E5=F0=EE=F7=EA=E8=ED?=
To: =?Windows-1251?Q?=C0=ED=E4=F0=E5=E9_=C5=E2=E3=E5=ED=FC=E5=E2=E8=F7_=D4=E0=F1=E8=ED?=
Subject: =?Windows-1251?Q?Re[6]:=CC=EE=F0=E0=F2=EE=F0=E8=E9_=ED=E0_=E8=F1=EF=EE=EB=FC=E7=EE=E2=E0=ED=E8=FF_=E7=E5=EC=EB=E8?=
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 12:07:40 -0600
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="windows-1251"
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106

How come emails meant for marzai.tm.net.my ended up in my Inbox? Ihave never corresponded with this marzai fellow and I do not use Outlook Express as my email client.

Is someone using my account? No worries. Just change the password. After all the old password was given to me by a TMNet Point personnel after I had difficulties getting my emails. So I trotted off or rather clicked off to Selfcare page of TMNet. I changed my password and one hour later logged in with the new password just to see if it worked. It did. But I could not get my mail. I have done the neccessary settings weeks before as advised by TM Net and I did it again yesterday. Still I could not get my email despite entering in my new password repeatedly. When I changed my password online, I chose to have the same password for all the services. I understand that this would include the email too. I tried using the old password for the email but it didn't work.

So I had no choice but to ask for help. So today I called the Customer Service line (1 300 88 1515). I had to listen to the "earthquake" announcement before being told that my call is important but there is no one to take it. This went on about 20 minutes before I was switched to the English version. When I got to speak to a live person on the other end, I was told (politely) that I should call the dialup service. I told him I did that. Anyway he could not find my account and promised to look wherever lost accounts are supposed to be. I gave him my number and waited but after a while I got cut off. I went through the whole process all over again and got a gentleman named Saiful to tell my troubles to. He suggested I tried the webmail. As luck would have it, I could not even access the webmail page. So Saiful changed my password. Surprisingly it was the same password that I got from TMNet Point.He also told me to change the password for every service that I subscribed to even though you have the option on the Selfcare page to use one password for all the services.

I guess this "standard" password is supposed to be temporary and it is up to the user to change it ASAP. The question is, it takes at least an hour for the new password to be effective. Why? Computers take that long to process new information?

Labels: , ,