<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Di Bawoh Rang Ikang Kering
Random Ramblings of A Retired Retainer

MYSTERY OF THE MISSING MOLAR

Monday, November 20, 2006
The Last of The Molar in my mouth had been a little loose for the last few months. It went wobbly during the fasting month. Being a die hard procrastinator, I naturally put off the date with a dentist with the excuse of not wanting to disrupt my puasa.

The molar was mercifully benign. It did not give me any pain or discomfort until a few weeks ago. It began to give trouble when it was bitten by one of the other tooth while I was enjoying the fried senangin smothered in Thai chilli paste in Thai Corner, PJ. I still put off going to the dentist, managing the tooth by liberal doses of Oradex. By now, the molar was hanging by a thread.

When I was brushing my remaining teeth this morning, I noticed that the offending molar was gone. There was no wound on the gum. I checked my pillow to see if it had fallen off during my sleep. I could not find any tooth let alone any evidence of the tooth fairy.

Now I have to call Pak Daud and cancel my appointment with the Kuala Terengganu dentist (I get a discount there and their overheads are lower) but I have this nagging feeling that I have swallowed the tooth.

I hope no one x-ray my stomach in the few days to come. They might be shocked to find a tooth there.