<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Di Bawoh Rang Ikang Kering
Random Ramblings of A Retired Retainer

A WEDDING AND MANY FUNERALS

Friday, November 11, 2005
Primula Hotel in Kuala Terengganu pipes in a few of the Astro channels to their rooms but I did not have much chance to watch TV because I was out most of the time and came back to the room just to sleep. When I got home last night and switched on to CNN I was saddened by the news of the bombings in Jordan. Bombings anywhere shock and sadden me. Innocent lives were lost. Collateral damage was massive.
I got to thinking about members of my family here and overseas. Will they be safe? They are spared the plague of suicide bombers for now but for how long?
I hope and pray those people responsible can find an alternative political statement preferable something that is non-lethal and non-violent. Killing innocent people doesn't seem to get them anywhere.
On the upside, Malaysia has the climate that prevents bombers from wearing too many layers of clothes to cover bomb-strapped bodies. Then again, there are always backpacks.
The only safe place that I can think of that would be free from suicide bombers would be a nudist camp. The only danger here would be short naked people who would poke their nose into other people's business.