<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Di Bawoh Rang Ikang Kering
Random Ramblings of A Retired Retainer

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELISA!

Sunday, September 05, 2004
Liza is unfazed by famous faces... Posted by Hello

I don't usually post on Sunday. Never On Sunday and all that. But I will make an exception today. It is my 2nd daughter's birthday. Happy Birthday sayang.

I guess it is not easy to be #2. Number Two Tries Harder.

Lisa was a "full of temper" child. My mother's temper and my temper somehow got concentrated into Lisa. It was so intense sometimes that even my mother found Lisa intimidating. Maybe she saw herself in Lisa. There is a lot of my mom in Lisa. Besides the fiery temper, she inherited a bit of my mother's tomboy tendencies. My mother climbed trees when she was young. Lisa has mellowed now but if you read her blog, you can see her fiery temper surfacing every now and then hurled at sundry idiots that dare crossed her usual good nature.

This daughter of ours was always her own person. I hope she still is. When vans were the rage and MPVs, SUVs or what nots were still to appear, we had a Ford Spectron. Other children preferred falling asleep on the nice seats but not Lisa. She chose to curl up on the carpeted floor.

Lisa had an unplanned nose job when we were in Kuantan. She was then in the primary school. She had a bad argument with the hard cement drain of our house in Medan Tok Sira and cut her nose badly. She was a tough girl. The maid who was supposed to take care of her cried more and longer. I can not remember the maid's name. Anyway, Lisa's nose got more stitches than the audience of some of Malaysia's comedians.

Another unpleasant incident happened when we were in Kuala Lumpur. Lisa joined SK Kg. Tunku and took the school bus to school. One evening we were waiting anxiously for the bus to deposit her in front of our house. It was long overdue. Before I could get the car out to go to the school another came. Lisa somehow missed the bus and two Indian men sent her home.

Lisa was a good student. She did well in school and went on to get her Masters degree. We are proud of her.

Happy birthday again!

| 1:02 AM :: ::
7 CommentsOldStyle:
  • Ahahahahahaaha! I wish I can be with her when she sees this.

    By Blogger mokciknab, at 8:47 PM  
  • Happy Birthday Elisa :)
    Sevil

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:46 AM  
  • Oh. My. God.
    of all the pictures in the world...

    By Blogger elisataufik, at 8:11 AM  
  • Elisa ambik gambar dengan Badul?

    By Blogger Yume, at 11:29 AM  
  • Actually Badul ambik gambar dengan Elisa. Badul had a show in town and dropped in at our house in Bukit Kechik.

    By Blogger Bustaman, at 11:45 AM  
  • Happy Belated Birthday to Elisa..

    Sorry i cant wish it on time since my Internet connection decided to take several days leave ;o)... anyway, would refrain from asking the million $$ question of how many candles Elisa had to put out..LOL

    -lioness-

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:21 PM  
  • I'm 33 and proud of it, coz I think I look good... ! ;)

    By Blogger elisataufik, at 8:14 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

© Bustaman :: permalink