<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Di Bawoh Rang Ikang Kering
Random Ramblings of A Retired Retainer

500th POST

Monday, December 29, 2008
Syukur Alhamdullillah, I thank God for letting me live long enough to see the dawn of the new Hijriah year. I did not see "Happy Maal Hijrah" or words to that effect on buntings or banners in the city although there were buntings and banners wishing me "Merry Xmas & A Happy New Year!". Even TM is giving a special offer on New Year's Day, (AD 2009 not H1430). I am sorry I could not take advantage of the offer because my phone is still out. Thank you Rocky and the National Consumer Complaints Center for trying. I am truly grateful. I am also hopeful that residents of Vista Angkasa will have a working phone again before TM make a Chinese New Year offer.

I had a nice Xmas Eve. On Christmas morning, the fuss was on another baby - Sharifah Alis Nabiha, my youngest granddaughter. She had her sparse hair snipped to the accompaniment of berzanji and reading of verses. She will be as beautiful as her mother and aunties in due time, InsyaAllah.
(Nabihah & Mom - pic taken by her cousin Abang Adam)

I am also grateful to the visitors of this blog - both friends and strangers. As I have told many people, many times, Strangers are just friends who have not met yet. I have made many friends who were strangers at first. Many became friends. A few became friends but remain strange. That's the way they are, I guess. Thank you to you all.

Ever since I moved to Blogspot over 4 years ago, I have written on many things. I have since ran out of things to write on. It would be easier if I were a political blogger. There would always be issues, real or imagined. So, beginning this week, you tell me what you want to read. Just remember that I am not affiliated to any political parties and I do not suffer fools gladly.

With your help, maybe we can get another 500 posts in less than 4 years.

Labels: , , ,