<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Di Bawoh Rang Ikang Kering
Random Ramblings of A Retired Retainer

FOOD

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

After gorging myself at NATRABU Kampung Baru with wonderful food and equally wonderful company, I found myself at Selero Nogori at Amcorp Mall. Natrabu, like a phoenix rose again from the ruins of Brickfield to a nicer place in Kampung Baru (turn from Jalan Tun Razak, it is behind Petronas Service Station) is full of authentic Padang delicacies.Their rendang is to our opinion beyond compare. We enjoyed the food so much that we forgot to take pictures. Natrabu has a chef from Jakarta (but I guess originally from Padang). I do not know where the chef of Selero Nogori comes from. The taste is very close though. Only you can decide.

On Sunday we had a hankering for fusion and headed for Chef & Brew at the end of Plaza Damansara. Have I told you that you can get pasta, Japanese and Hainanese fare at this laid back place? I tried Hainanese Chicken Chop (see pic above) on Sunday. It reminded me of the old Wan Hai Restaurant next to the present Rex Cinema in Kuala Terengganu. My bah (father) used to send me there to ta pau Chicken Chop or Hainanese beefesteak (also available at Chef & Brew) whenever he had a loss of appetite. The Chef & Brew's chicken chop was close to what I remembered.

The next day, C&B again was chosen as the venue for a family celebration. Since non-smokers outnumbered the die-hards, we had the tables inside. I decided to try the Prawn Teppan with Garlic Rice. They didn't call it Teppanyaki because all the cooking is done in the kitchen and not in front of you like at teppanyaki joints. The dish was worth ordering. It came on a sizzling hot plate.

If you see the pic of the Prawn Teppan above and if you think the cow is familiar, having seen it at Victoria Station, it is not coincidental. C& B is part of Victoria Station.

They even tied a bib around me for the hot plate. For a brief moment, I thought I was getting a shave or a dental job.