<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Di Bawoh Rang Ikang Kering
Random Ramblings of A Retired Retainer

ALHAMDULILLAH

Tuesday, October 04, 2005
Alhamdulillah we will experience another Ramadhan tomorrow. If you are in Saudi Arabia, you started today.
Fasting is one of the ibadah that is for Allah only. You might pray to impress others or you might donate to impress someone or everyone. You cannot do that with fasting. Only Allah and you know whether you are really fasting or not. Of course, in some places trying to be inconspicous, the shopkeeper will know that you are NOT fasting. If you are not careful, the religious department people would know too and before you know it, you will be on a lorry and your mother-in-law and the rest of the clan will know that you are not fasting.
There are miracles in the month of Ramadhan. No, I am not talking about the sudden inexplicable attacks of gastritis. I am talking about how you manage to curb your urges. Take the urge to smoke. Somehow, you can do without smoking for the whole day. If you try a little bit harder, you can do it for the whole month. Take it from there if you want to quit altogether. There are other miracles too. Just stop and think about them to know what I am talking about.
On my way to and from college today, I caught the TDC commercial on KLfm. It urged people to visit the opening of some Pasar Ramadhan in Kuala Terengganu to sample Terengganu Traditional fare and to "shop early for Hari Raya". How many people would go to Terengganu for this? I do not dispute the fact that Terengganu in the fasting month is something to experience. Go read Beta Blogger's Jalan Jalan archives. Shopping for Raya in Kuala Terengganu is another thing though unless you want to shop for the best songket. For other stuff, stick to Kuala Lumpur for now.
Since it is already Ramadhan, I would like to take the opportunity to apologise to Pak Adib. My new Nokia 6020 sometimes has the penchant to send blank SMS to him. His name and number is the first on the list. I have since learnt to lock the keypad. To make it doubly sure that Pak Adib wont get blank messages from me, I have added a name on top of him. If Pak Adib gets any more blank SMS from me, I will switch to the Motorola even though I have to squint a bit to read the display.
Have a good Ramadhan. To you guys not required to fast, enjoy the kuih not usually seen outside the fasting month.