<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Di Bawoh Rang Ikang Kering
Random Ramblings of A Retired Retainer

HEARTWARMING NEWS

Wednesday, January 07, 2009
So Sime Darby backed down on its bid for a substantial stake in IJN. Like many Malaysians, I am glad. I have many fellow pensioners and close friends who had operations there because they could not afford them elsewhere. Mimi's maternal grandpa had his bypass in SJMC and paid through his nose. My family doctor still has not referred me to IJN, touch wood (touching my head) maybe because, according to some family members, I have a heart of stone.

I hope IJN will be safe from the predators even after the Kuala Terengganu by-election. No more flip-flops please. If there is a dire need to hive-off any national institution, make a public offer and make every bid public. Do that for every government property. Of course it can be exempted if it is your grandfather's property. Anyway, I will keep Rocky's "Slimy Heart"(top, left column) for a while longer, just in case.

I am still without a housephone and a broadband line. A member of The Joint Management Committee told me that a group of TM people will take a look at the broken cables today. I could not be too hard on the Joint Management Committee because they officially took over the management (and problems) of Vista Angkasa only on the 1st of January 2009.

A few hours ago I received an email from a NST reporter who came across my posting on Vista Angkasa and wanted to speak to me and other residents. Since I do not read the NST and I am still without teeth (literally and figuratively) I will get some other people who are willing to be interviewed before I reply to the email later today. Suddenly, more people are curious about our plight. That's heartwarming indeed.

It is also heartwarming to know that there are still people who think of me and bother to send me New Year messages. I could not post about this earlier because my ancient pc had a transplant of its own. I had to give it a new heart (Intel Core 2 Duo) and a new motherboard. That entailed a reformat of the hard disk and reinstallation of the Operating System and all the programs I use. That took a few days. Now the pc is fast but I am still old and slow.
Better late than never, so I will share one SMS with you. This one from Pak Adib:

2009 is here, Don't be afraid to grow old.
Old folks are worth a fortune.
They have silver in their hair,
gold in their teeth,
stones in the kidneys and
gas in their stomach.
Kencing pun manis dan darah pun ada kelas-tinggi.
So Happy New Year.

Labels: , , ,