<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Di Bawoh Rang Ikang Kering
Random Ramblings of A Retired Retainer

STREAMYX SCREAMS ANSWERED

Friday, May 06, 2005
A few days ago I was disconnected so many times from the Internet. After being patient for a week, I decided to call Customer Service. I got the familiar
"Tekan 1 untuk Bahasa Malaysia, Tekan 2 untuk Bahasa Inggeris....." and later was informed by the machine
"Your call is important to us. Sorry, no agent is available at the moment. Please hold on."
I held on. I got the same message 3 times before a human came on. He was a nice gentleman. He was patient and not patronising so I told him my problem nicely. He took my particulars like those before him. I didn't expect anything to happen . You see, I have complained before.

But on Thursday, I received a call from TM Net who wanted to verify my phone number. The guy at the other end was surprised that my phone number has changed. It has 8 digits now instead of 7. I supressed the urge to tell him that I didn't pick up the extra digit from the pasar malam. Neither did I tell him how long I have been using Streamyx.

A few hours later, my doorbell rang and I opened the door to find a TM Net technician. I let him in. He is a young man from Kelantan so I spoke to him in my best Kelantanese. He checked my system. He even told me that my broadband is now 1 meg. No longer 512kb. Alhamdullillah.
He didn't find anything wrong on my side. He noticed that Radio Pencen was on and we talked about the peer to peer softwares while he sipped his drink that I offered.

Everyday I looked up at the new TM logo on top of the new Telecom highrise. Today, I think there is a bit of hope. They are listening.